BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Glimpse From The Lighthouse Issue #13

Dear Friends in Christ,

Hi! I hope you all are doing well! I am really, really sorry I haven't done a newsletter in such a long time! I've been busy, and it was kind of in the back of my mind, but I didn't take the time to do it. Sorry! I thought I should do one now. I hope you all had a good new year and holiday season! It was wonderful to meet some of you at GYC! That was such a blessing... and I wish all of you could have gone! :) Well, everyone, have a great day and God bless you abundantly!!

Much love,

Heather

P.S. Any contributions are welcome!! :) But no pressure. :)

Glimpse From The Lighthouse

Number 13 January 9, 2008!

Theme Verse:

Now the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

~Titus 2:11-14

Study: 'The Promises of God'
God is so good. I know, trials do come, but they are for a reason, and God works everything out for the best. =) God is very faithful to His children. Romans 8:28(one of my favorite verses) says 'And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.' God has a purpose for us, and He will take care of us until that purpose has been fulfilled. :)
God has many promises for us in the Bible. And when God has promised something, it will be done, because He cannot go back on His word! ~Isaiah 55:11: So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Sometimes a promise or a prayer will seem impossible, but God can find a way, if we only trust Him! Think of Abraham and Isaac. Abraham didn't know how God would fulfill His promise of 'a great nation', but it did happen! God is faithful.
Here are a few of my favorite promises!

Isaiah 42:6 ~ I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles.

Isaiah 43:1-3 ~ ...Fear not, for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, they Saviour...

Jude 24 ~ Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.

Revelation 2:10 (my signature =)) ~ Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Revelation 2:7 ~ ... To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. And Rev. 21:7 ~ He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.

Prayer Requests:

Please pray for my foster brother, Tristan. Thanx!!

I don't think we have any others this time. So, just pray for everybody!

Poem:

'Jesus is the Reason for the Christmas Season'

Jesus is the reason

For the Christmas season.

Jesus so humble and lowly

Came down to this world so dark and lonely.

To show us how to treat others

As though they were our own brothers.

So Jesus is the reason

For the Christmas season.

Why not give the world a little seasoning of God's love

To the world at Christmas, a gift from above.

By Desiree Andrews.

I am sorry it didn't get in before Christmas.... now it's January, but oh well! Sorry Des! But the poem still has a good message. :)

Goodbye and God bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Heather



(Posted by AJ)

0 comments: