BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Glimpse from the Lighthouse Newsletter No. 26

Glimpse From The Lighthouse

~Trust~

No. 26 May 31, 2009

Theme Verse:

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation

hath appeared to all men,

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness

and worldly lusts, we should live soberly,

righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Looking for that blessed hope,

and the glorious appearing

of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Who gave Himself for us, that He might

redeem us from all iniquity,

and purify unto Himself a peculiar people,

zealous of good works.

Titus 2:11-14

From Me to You

Dear Friends in Christ,

Hello everyone!!! I am sorry it's been SO long since I sent out a newsletter! I have been too busy, I guess. I will try to do it more often. =) I hope you're all doing well and enjoying SPRING!! I am.

I went on the Young Disciple mission trip in February... It was sooo wonderful! Being gone for 5 weeks really threw me behind in e-mails and letters, so that's probably why I haven't done a newsletter! Besides the fact that I was really busy trying to finish school, etc! Then there are all the other little aspects of life, and they just combine to make me really busy. But I have some more time now! :)

I have changed the "layout" of the newsletter a little bit! I hope you like it. From now on, I think I'll have one theme around which I plan everything, instead of just a study and then some other things... I'm trying to make it a little more focused. Anyway... I am open to suggestions. :)

So our theme this week is "Trust." More precisely, trust in God. I think that so few of us trust God like we could - like we should. Like He wants us to! In this world with so much deception and despair, it can be hard to learn to trust. It can be difficult to know whom we can trust, and who will let us down. But God will NEVER let us down! We can always trust Him - with everything!!

I remember when I was younger, I had complete trust in my mother. If she said something, I didn't question it. If my sister and I wanted to know if some old food in the refrigerator was safe to eat, and Mom said it was, then I trusted her without doubt. If Mom was driving the car, I felt safe (it wasn't always that way with Dad!). It's interesting to look back and see how explicitly I trusted her.

We should all trust God that way, the way a young child trusts his parents. We should entrust all we have to Him, and not question His dealings.

May we all grow to trust Him more today! :)

Your friend in Him,
Heather

Thought on Trust

As I was thinking about trust in God this week, one story that came to mind was that of Job. Job trusted God. He had so many horrible things happen to him, yet he didn’t lose his faith. He said, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him…. He also shall be my salvation” (Job 13:15-16). He knew that God had his best interest in mind, and whatever God allowed must be for a good reason. Job said, “But He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold” (Job 23:10). He goes on to say how he has followed God. He was afraid, but he still trusted God. We also can have this confidence. If we are right with God, then we can know that whatever happens, it is for our own good. We can entrust our wills, our lives, our possessions, our all, to God. And we can be sure that the trials He may send will just strengthen us in Him, if we let them.

Quotes

“[God] will more than fulfill the expectations of those who trust fully in Him.”

-Ellen White, The Ministry of Healing, p. 513

“When God's workers allow His Spirit to work upon their minds, much will be accomplished in the saving of souls. The Lord is our helper. He will guide us in all matters if we will trust in Him. One thing is certain: We must have faith in God--faith that He will arrange matters in a way that will enable us to work successfully. No one ever trusted God in vain. He will never disappoint those who put their trust in Him.”

-Ellen White, Testimonies for the Church, vol, 9, p. 213

From Scripture

“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee:

because he trusteth in Thee.

Trust ye in the Lord for ever:

for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.”

-Isaiah 27:3-4

“As for God, His way is perfect:

the word of the LORD is tried:

He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.”

-Psalm 18:30

“Oh how great is Thy goodness,

which Thou hast laid up for them that fear Thee;

which Thou hast wrought for them that trust in Thee before the sons of men!”

-Psalm 31:19

“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid:

for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song;

He also is become my salvation.”

-Isaiah 12:2

Poem Corner

“His Touch”

He folds me in His loving arms,

His warm embrace soothes all my pain.

I rest within His strength so true,

In Him I’ve nothing to complain.

I feel His presence very near,

Surrounding me with warmth of love.

He calms my weary, care-worn nerves,

And gives me strength that’s from above.

He lifts me up in His great love.

He gives me courage for each day,

And brings about a change in me

That’s like a bright new dawning day.

Praises

1. I am happy it is finally really feeling hot and summery over here! =)

2. I’m thankful for the little things God does for us… things that are small, yet important to us. I’ve enjoyed seeing Him work some little miracles for me this week!

Please Pray…

1. Angela requests prayer for her Dad's family, that she can be a witness to them and they will come to know the truth.

2. Please pray for an anonymous friend of mine who needs God’s working in her life.

3. Pray for Ashley and her family – they are in Peru on a mission trip.

In Closing

Well, that’s all for now! I’ll try to do another newsletter pretty soon, maybe not every week, but I’ll see what I can do. Now, I am taking submissions for future issues!! So, please feel free to send me poems, songs, stories or personal experiences with good spiritual applications, object lessons, Bible verses or spiritual quotes you want to share, prayer requests, praises, or anything else you think is appropriate. :) You can suggest themes too, because I don’t have any planned. Thanks to those who helped with this newsletter! I really appreciate it. :)

Have a most wonderful week, everyone, and stay strong in Christ!!!

With love,

~*Heather*~

0 comments: