BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Glimpse From The Lighthouse Issue #1

Dear Friends in Christ,
Hi! I have decided to start a little spiritual e-newsletter. :) The idea will be to draw us all closer to Jesus, and to help us get ready for His coming. I will try to make one each week. I thought that maybe on Sabbath afternoons I could do a study on some topic, and then share it with you in the newsletter on Sunday or Monday! I may sometimes add stories, poems, songs, or something else. Also we can have a place for prayer requests. If any of you have something you'd like everyone else to pray for, you can let me know and I'll put it in the newsletter. :) And if you have anything else to contribute, such as a poem or something that's spiritually uplifting, I can put it in too. :) OK - if any of you do NOT want to receive this newsletter, please don't hesitate to tell me! I don't want to be a burden or anything, I just thought this would be neat. :) I will try to make them fairly short. All right, now I will stop the intro, and get on with Issue # 1!
Much love,
Heather
PS. If anybody has an idea for a good name, let me know please! Thanks!!


The Spiritual E-Newsletter for Youth Who Want to Grow in Christ

August 26, 2007
Issue # 1.

All right, our 'theme verse' is going to be Titus 2:11-14! Here it is:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

This is one of my favorite Bible verses. :) I might talk about it a little bit each time.
Right now, what I want to draw out of it is this: God has given us His great salvation, so that we can all be saved if we just accept it. When we choose Christ and accept His salvation, we need to live for Him, and do what He wants. We need to live 'righteously', in this sinful world. But He has given us something to look forward to, a hope for when things seem dark. This hope we have in Him is the second coming. When Jesus comes, it will mean the end of sin, sorrow and suffering. If we've accepted God's saving grace, and chosen to live for Him no matter what, He will take us to heaven, our eternal home. :) Jesus gave Himself for us, so shouldn't we live for Him? He died for us, He lived the perfect life for us. :) I want to live for Him! I want to live with Him in heaven someday, eternally. And I hope each of you are there too. :)

Prayer Requests
Please pray for me and my spiritual life. It's hard in this world. But I know that with Christ's strength we can win against Satan! So please pray for each of the young people who are struggling with temptation. I know all of us probably have our struggles! I know I do...

Well, I don't really know what else to write, so I think I will call that good for now. I know it's not anything fantastic, but I just wanted to start a little newsletter. I will try to have a little more next time! So until then, keep choosing Jesus, and take care! God bless each of you. ;)

Love,
your friend in Christ,
Heather

(posted by "R")

0 comments: