BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Glimpse From The Lighthouse Issue #7

Dear Friends in Christ,
Hello everyone!! How are you? I'm doing well. I have been pretty busy still though, so this is kind of late again. ;) Our church is having an evangelistic series which is
4 nights a week, and then we attend It Is Written trainings once a week, so we are gone 5 nights a week plus all the other places we go... so sorry, I haven't had much time on the internet lately!! =) This week I think I got a little off subject on the study... it's supposed to be about faith, but I got mixed up between verses about faith and verses about 'being faithful', which are two different things (at least kind of, in my mind). So, it may be a little different, but I hope you enjoy it. :) Have a GREAT weekend and God bless!!!!
Much love,
Heather


Glimpse From The Lighthouse
No. 7 October 18

Theme Verse:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,
we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
of the Great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us
From all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people,
zealous of good works.
~Titus 2:11-14~


Study: FAITH

What exactly is faith?? The dictionary definition of faith is 'complete confidence or trust' (Random House Dictionary). And the little concordance/dictionary in the back of my Bible says this 'loyalty, belief, reliance'. I think I like the Random House definition best. :) I also like the Bible's description of faith! 'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.' Hebrews 11:1. Faith is an important part of the Christian walk. Hebrews 11:6 says that we cannot please God unless we have faith! And we are saved by grace, through faith. Faith is essential! =)

Psalms 31:23 says '... the Lord preserveth the faithful...' God wants us to have faith in Him, to just trust Him completely, and stay true to Him, and He will never fail us. So many miracles happened in the New Testament because of the faith the people had! God can do the same today, if we will only have faith like the early Christians did.

Luke 18:8 says '... Nevertheless, when the Son of Man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?' We need to keep our faith, not let it grow dim, and pray for God to strengthen it. There is a song I like that says... 'May the Lord find us faithful, May His Word be our banner held high. May the Lord find us faithful, every day though we live, though we die.' :)

My closing thought is Revelation 2:10 'Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life!'
May we all be found faithful!!


Prayer Requests:
Please pray for a girl who used to go to school with Korah, she got burned very badly and needs healing.



The Fellowship of the Unashamed
I love this! Please read it. I don't know who wrote it but I have heard a couple of preachers use it in sermons. Here goes!

'I am part of the 'Fellowship of the Unashamed'. The die has been cast. The
decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won't look back, let up,
slow down, back away or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm
finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees,
colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or
popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or
rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, love with patience, live by
prayer and labor with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my Guide is
reliable, and my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured,
lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of
sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy,
ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up,
prayed up, paid up, and spoken up for the cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all
know and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have
no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear! I am a part of the 'Fellowship of
The Unashamed.'



Have a great day, keep close to Jesus!
Your friend in Christ,
Heather


(posted by "R")

0 comments: