BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Glimpse From The Lighthouse Issue #5

Dear Friends in Christ,
Hi! How are you all? I'm fine! I've been pretty busy the past week or so, but it's been fun! I hope you all enjoy the newsletter this week. It's continued from last time. :) Thanks to those of you who submitted things!! I appreciate that. I hope you're all having a good week and enjoying fall. I personally wish it would still be summer... but oh well!
Have a great day and God bless! =)
Love,
~*Heather*~


Glimpse from the Lighthouse
No. 5 September 25, 2007

Theme Text:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,
we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity,
and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:11-14



Study: With us in Trials, Part 2



Last time we talked about trials and how God will be with us in them. We looked at some examples in the Bible relating to Isaiah 43:2: 'When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee, and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.' Today I want to look at more how it applies to us. I really like this topic. =) God gives us trials for a reason. They are to strengthen and refine us, and make us more dependent upon God. And, Romans 8;28 says: 'And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.' God always works things out for His children Everything is part of His great plan of making us ready for Heaven. :)
1 Peter 4;12-13 says: 'Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings, that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.'
And Romans 8:18 (one of my favorite verses!) says: 'For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.' :)
When we get to heaven, every trial we've had here on earth as a result of sin, or if we've suffered for Christ, it will seem as nothing compared to Heaven and being with Jesus for all eternity!
In Paul's writings there is a lot on this topic... of course I can't write it all out, but it's beautiful to read through! Paul went through terrible things for Christ. And yet he always remained faithful, and God blessed him for it.
God will give us strength for whatever we may be going through. I like Isaiah 26:3-4 (my signature!):


Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in Thee.
Trust ye in the Lord for ever,
For in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength!



Prayer Requests:

1. A request kind of adding on to Abigail's last time: we should pray for ourselves and each other, that we don't compromise either... that we all remain faithful. It's hard in the world today. =) (Sorry, I didn't know if the submitter wanted me to put their name or not!)
2. Please pray for non-Adventist family and that we may be able to witness to them!





Poem:

The Dream of Paradise

I've had some dreams
Of a green pasture
And of streams
That trickle faster.

I've had some dreams
Of paradise,
To me it seems
I've thought this twice.

I had a dream
Of such a place:
It had a stream
Flower-lined like lace.

Mountain majesties
Loom high above
What beautiful pageantries...!
...Showing God's love.

Birds on wing
Fly over head,
Now they will sing
'Til time for bed.

A large tree--
It held my swing.
A buck I see--
An antlered king.

No animals are afraid.
The woods are at peace.
Guns won't ever raid.
The joy won't ever cease.

My dream must end.
I must leave it all.
But to you I will lend
This the myst'ry call...

I'll let you guess
Where and how to find it.
Hope you'll meet the quest:
'No false gods-Don't covet.'

I've had some dreams
Of a green pasture
And of streams
That trickle faster.

This is my goal
To make it o'er there:
Give Christ my soul,
With Him my life share.

By Abigail Czeinger

Extra!
I thought we'd do something special for next time! You can each send me your favorite Bible verse, and I'll put them all in the newsletter next week! I just thought that'd be fun... you don't have to do it if you don't want to, but if you do, GREAT! Thanks!


All right, everyone, have a blessed day! Keep close to Jesus until next time! Keep looking forward to heaven. :)
Much love,
~Heather

(posted by "R")

0 comments: