BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Glimpse From The Lighthouse Issue #11

Dear Friends in Christ,
Hi! I apologize for the lack of a newsletter last week! I was kind of busy. And this week is turning out to be interesting as well! But I finally have time to finish typing the newsletter in. :) I hope you are all doing great and enjoying the cold weather! Have a wonderful day, and God bless you all. :)
Much love,
your sister in Christ,
~*Heather*~


Glimpse From The Lighthouse
No. 11 December 3, 2007

Theme Verse~
For the grace of God which bringeth salvation
hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,
We should live soberly, righteously, godly,
in this present world.
Looking for that blessed hope,
and the glorious appearing of the great God
and our Saviour Jesus Christ,
Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity
And purify unto Himself a peculiar people,
zealous of good works.
Titus 2:11-14



Study:
The Peace of God

Today's study is about peace. Many people in the world today are searching for peace. They think it is hard, if not impossible, to find true peace and rest in the busy modern world! But really, peace can be yours if you just know where to look. :)
John 14:27 (I love this verse) says 'Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.'
One more, John 16:33! 'These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have over come the world.'

God offers us His peace. His peace is something the world cannot give us; it cannot be found in worldly enjoyments. But in Jesus we find true, lasting peace. (Ephesians 2:14 '...He is our peace...') He says, we will have trials, but His peace can never be taken away.
Isaiah 26:3, another one of my favorite verses, says 'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.' When we fix our eyes on Jesus and trust Him with all our problems, He gives us His 'perfect peace.'

Isaiah 55:8-9, 11-12 says... 'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts higher than your thoughts. ... So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I send it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.'
I know it's long, but it's a beautiful passage! Jesus' ways and plans are higher than ours; He knows the end from the beginning and He will take our lives and make something beautiful out of them that we never would have thought possible. He can make everything, everything! turn out for good. :)

To Close:
The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
The Lord make His face shine upon thee,
And be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee,
And give thee peace.'
Numbers 6:24-26

Prayer Requests:
1. Please pray for Des's brother Parick.
2. Please pray for Des and her school.
3. Please pray for some people at Jessica's school who are not Christians and need prayer.
:) Thanks a lot! Also, please pray for me. Thanks everybody. =)

I like this, I saw it on a bumper sticker:

No Jesus, No Peace.
Know Jesus, Know Peace!

All right, everybody! Have a fantastic blessed week and may the Lord richly bless you and your families! :)
Love,
Heather Ann Snyder



(posted by "R")

0 comments: