BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Glimpse From The Lighthouse Issue #2

Dear Friends in Christ,
Hi! How are you all? It's time for another newsletter.... so, I hope you enjoy it! I was encouraged by all the wonderful responses I got from the last one, thanks a lot to those who took the time to e-mail me, submit things, etc! It was great. :) So, here we go!
Love,
Heather

Issue #2


Study...

On Sabbath afternoon I sat down to do a study for the newsletter, and I felt impressed to study God's love! So I did. I imagine most of us have heard a lot about God's love... but anyway, I found some kind of neat verses, so I'll just share the study! :)
Romans 5:8 says: "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." I like this verse. What amazing love, what deep, self-sacrificing love God has for us. He gave His only Son for us. (John 3:16!) Now, parents can probably understand better than we can, how hard it must have been for God to give up His Son for years, and then to see Him die on a cross. 1 John 14:9: In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world that we might live through Him. God loves us that much! And Jesus loves us infinitely too; He was willing to give His life. Now, I know that we should love God too! He has sacrificed for us, we should be willing to live for Him and give Him our love. John 14:21 says: He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. So, if we keep God's commandments, we love Him, and if we truly love Him we will keep His commandments! (John 14:15: If ye love me, keep my commandments.) Loving Him and obeying Him go together! And 1 John 4:16 says ... God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. So, we should love God, since He is love... and then we will dwell in God and God will dwell in us! And we want God to dwell in us, don't we? :) So the bottom line is: God loves us very much, and so we should love and obey Him. :) That's all on the study, now it's time for prayer requests!


Prayer Requests

Please pray for Des and her spiritual walk. :)
Please pray for Brenna and the other It Is Written staff as they are very busy this time of year. :)
Angie says, please pray for all those who are sick.
Please pray for a mission trip that Angie, her mom, and Judy are going on. They leave Sept. 7, for the Dominican Republic.
Please pray for Josiah Hill, he is very sick. Thanks so much!
Please pray for me, again. :) If you don't mind.

All right, thank you so much for praying for these! Prayer really does work. :)


Poems

Day By Day, submitted by Ashley Kanomata

Day by Day, I will trust Christ.
Day by Day, He will provide.
He will give me grace and mercy,
If in His presence I abide.
Day by Day, he knows my sorrows.
Day by Day, He shares my pain.
Jesus is my joy and comfort
He's my strength and life again.
Day by Day I can trust Him,
Though some days I come unglued.
As I wait upon the Lord,
I find my strength renewed.
Day by Day, I have God's blessings
Which Christ's sacrifice affords
I cannot rely on my own strength
I will rather boast in the Lord
... Day by Day.
Author unknown.

I really like that poem, thanks Ashley! :)


I'll Walk With God

I'll walk with you,
All the day through.
And you'll show me
How to please Thee.
All through the night,
Your shining light
Will help me make
My choices right.
You'll never go,
So I will know
How to please Thee
As I go.

I wrote that awhile ago...

Well, I think that is all for now! I hope you all have a wonderful day!! Keep growing in Christ, and may God bless each of you. :) Thanks for being my friends! :)
Love,
Heather



(Posted By: AJ)




0 comments: