BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Glimpse From The Lighthouse Issue# 3

Dear Friends,
Hello! It's time for another newsletter... :) Thanks to those of you who contributed for this one! I know a few of you didn't get the first two, because I didn't send it to you, but anyway, I hope you like it! If you do NOT want to continue getting it, please tell me. :) Thanks! Also, anyone can contribute spiritual, uplifting poems, stories, book reviews, etc! And prayer requests. :) Thanks! God bless. Have a great week.
Love,
Your friend in Christ,
~Heather~

Issue # 3
September 10, 2007

Theme text:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:11-14. :)


All right, now for the study! This morning for my devotions I did a study on God's forgiveness, for the newsletter. Now, I didn't really feel like doing it on that, but that was what I felt like God wanted me to do. :) And it was great! So, here goes!
Psalm 130 talks about God's forgiveness. Verses 3-4: "If Thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with Thee." Even though God does 'mark down' our sins, He will forgive us if we ask. Psalm 130:7 says: "Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption." He can redeem us from sin and Satan. :)
Jesus is our saviour, He gives us repentance and forgiveness of sins. (Acts 5:31) Again, what a wonderful saviour! He died for us (last week's newsletter ;)) and he forgives us so that we can live with Him in heaven forever. It hurts Him when we sin, but when we ask forgiveness, Micah 7:19 says: 'He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea"! Isn't that a beautiful promise? In to the depths of the sea! God's forgiveness is so deep and free, and it's ours for the asking! Micah 7:18 says that God "delighteth in mercy"; He loves to forgive us. :)
So, all we have to do is ask Jesus, claim His blood to cleanse us, and we will receive His wonderful forgiveness! I want to claim it! Don't you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayer Requests

Please pray for Jenny's mission trip to Rwanda Sept. 18.
And please pray for two kids Jenny will be sponsoring in the Philippines.
And please pray for Josiah again...
Oh, and my church is doing meetings in the fall, please pray for them.
Thanks!!!

Poem by Jessica Carvajal

"God is calling"


We can be streams
Stagnant with no current;
We can be beams
Dimly sitting still.

But God is calling,
He has a work for us to do;
God is asking
"Be in My servant hood."

We can be streams
flowing with a current.
We can be beams
Spreading joy and light.

God has called us,
Giving us a mission.
It rests upon us,
He awaits the decision.

~by Jessica Carvajal.

Thanks! I like that. :)

Acrostic::

F A I T H
o l r i
r l u m
s s
a t
k
i
n
g

I got that off of the back of a Young Disciple magazine, I don't know who wrote it, but I really liked it. :)

Well, I think that's all for this time! Have a great day, my friends, and until next time keep looking to Jesus!
Love,
Heather

(posted by "R")

0 comments: