BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Glimpse From The Lighthouse Issue #4

Dear Friends in Christ,
Hi! How are you all? I'm doing well. :) I'm sorry this newsletter is a little late! I hadn't finished the study yet... and last night I was gone, so anyway, it's a little later! I hope you all are having a good school year so far, and growing closer to Jesus!
This time, we have a name for the newsletter. :) One of my friends suggested the name 'Glimpse from the Lighthouse', and I like that! We're the light of the world... so that will be the name. :) Also,this newsletters study is going to be in two or three parts, just because it's kind of a broad topic and I love it! :) It's fun to study. If you wanted to do a little studying on it on your own, you might find it interesting. I use cross-references and the concordance, and it works great. :) Plus, I use some of my favorite Bible verses.
Again... if any of you have any contributions, feel free to send them to me. But I do want them to be spiritual, etc. :) Also thank you to those of you who contributed to this one! It really does help! :)
I hope you have a great day, and God bless!
Love,
~Heather

Glimpse from the Lighthouse
No. 4 September 19, 2007



Theme Verse~
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men;
teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts.
we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity,
and purify unto Himself a peculiar people,
zealous of good works.
Titus 2:11-14


Study: With us in Trials ~ Part 1
Isaiah 43:-3: '...Thus saith the Lord... Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by My name; thou are Mine! When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour...' :)
I love this little passage! First, God says 'Fear not'. God doesn't want us to be afraid; He wants us to trust Him. He says 'I have redeemed thee.' Isaiah 44:22: 'I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and as a cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee.'
Next, God has called us by His Name; we are to be His witnesses. 'I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles!' Isaiah 42:6. He wants us to be a light shining for Him in a dark, sin-filled world. :)
Also, God tells us that we are His. We are His children, and His heirs. He will take care of us if we remain faithful. :)
In verse 2, God is telling us that He will be with us in trials; He will protect us. I think this has a literal meaning, as well as meaning any trial we may experience. 'When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee...' Think of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea! God held the waters back, and the people walked across. But when the Egyptians tried to cross, they were drowned. :)
And 'When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee'. Think of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego! What an example of this. God was with them(even visibly with them) in their true 'fiery trial', and He will he with us too, and protect us, in whatever trial we may have. :)
Well, that's all for now, more later! Next time I'll talk more about like, how it applies to us, and some different verses. :) God bless!


Prayer Requests:

An anonymous request: ' Please pray for me and my family'. :)
Please pray for Lydia.
Abigail says 'Please pray for my dad that he gain complete recovery'
And from Abigail again: 'Pray for the church as a whole to see the importance of keeping God's Law, that He is particular. The church needs to WAKE UP!! Compromise is creeping in. People are starting to think that there are gray areas, and we need to pray like never before that the church will wake up and realize that with God there is BLACK AND WHITE, RIGHT AND WRONG.' (Amen! :))


Seasons of the Sabbath School

Our Sabbath School is time of Spring
We're each a tender, blooming thing.
Like the poppies that dot the hills.
This is the time the farmer tills
And this is the time our teachers will
Redemption story in us instill.
If they carefully, prayerfully plant,
God will an abundant harvest grant.

Summer is when our love burns high,
Like the blazing sun up in the sky.
We pray that our love will not grow dim,
That we will remain faithful to Him.

Our classmates are varied as autumn's leaves.
While one's helpful, one's quick to please.
We each have our own personalities
And individual qualities.
Some are gentle and patient, others polite and kind.
In others a measure of faith you will find.

In winter white-out we think of His grace
Who cleansed all our sins and died in our place.
This is the experience for which we search
Not just the experience of going to church.
We would strive to be as white as the snow-
And our friend, Jesus, we want to know.
As children in this world below
We have assurance in this very thing
God supplies faith til again it is spring.

~by Abigail Czeinger

Ok, that is all! Have a GREAT week, God bless, and keep close to Jesus!
Much love,
your sister in Christ,
~Heather

(posted by "R")

0 comments: